Make this lock-down a positive experience for your career.
Wash your hands, sit down and ask: “What’s the best I could hope for in my next job?”
- Be called back from my previous employer?
- Same job, different place
- Engage in a mission I was meant for?
- Start or buy my own business?
Crazy or smart at such a time of uncertainty? For most, there is incredible pressure to get a new income stream as soon as possible. Bills, healthcare, 401-K, eating…the list doesn’t end. it’s hard to turn off your brain and think about anything else.
Assuming this Covi-geddon dies a well-deserved death... you WILL go back to work. Employers will need to make up for lost revenue and you will need to rebuild your savings.
This could be an opportunity of a lifetime. You have the time. Use it.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.” – H. Ford
On average, you’ll work about 85,000 hours in your career. An incredible investment! Work dominates your waking hours. Have you asked yourself, “what do I really want to do next”? What’s stopping you?
No time? No money? No degrees? No clue?
Many people have overcome even bigger obstacles. They probably aren’t much smarter or better looking than you are. One thing’s for certain, they decided to decide.
- Ask yourself: what skills have I learned?
- What are my God-given abilities?
- What are my strongest interests and passions?
- What do I value regarding workplace culture?
- What possible employer needs can I meet?
- Who has problems I can solve with my skills?
- Who is doing this job right now? How can I meet them?
This crazy Lock-Down can be a Lift-Off for your career. It’s up to you to decide. For help: Contact Mark Gonska – Career Accelerator, Dise & Company firstname.lastname@example.org 440.452.4398
Let’s talk – by phone, video chat platforms or email.